Monday, August 11, 2014

The Art of Vaping Right!

I started this blog as a general thoughts from the writer/author type of thingie, but thus far it's pretty much been about technology. Which makes sense, because I really dig me some technology. I like writing about technology. It's cool. My other interests should worm their way in here, as well, though.

In particular, I suspect that anytime I actually publish a book, I should probably, maybe give it a mention or two or ten here.

Well, here ya go!

The first book in the Vape Right series about using e-cigarettes is now available! It's called Virgin Vaping: Get Started with Electronic Cigarettes, E-Cigarettes, and Personal Vaporizers. That long ass subtitle is all about tagging and search engine optimization. Sucks, but necessary these days.

As I write this the Kindle e-book version is available on Amazon. The print version should be available in a few hours should you prefer to go old school.

See the picture of that gorgeous book cover by pro_ebookcovers on the right at the top of the sidebar? Click that and buy it!

Go on. You know you want to. All the cool kids are doing it!

It's a concise and easy read at 76 pages, so it won't break the reading budget. It's on sale now for a mere 99 cents for the next two weeks! Regular price will be $2.99 for Virgin Vaping and $3.99 for the other two (forthcoming) books in the series. I've also included it in Kindle Unlimited for those of you that like to gorge on books.

Paper is a bit more spendy, but being a techno-geek and all around somewhat acceptable guy I have a couple of deals for you. If you buy the print version at $5.99, Amazon and I will throw in the Kindle edition for free! That way, if you ever decide to join the rest of us in the 21st century, you'll be all set! Woot!

Of course, I'm not going to drag you kicking and screaming into the future. The impending spontaneous creation of the AI singularity that will enslave all mankind will take care of that nicely. So, if you prefer, you can order the book direct from me through Createspace on my estore page.  Order it from there and then enter the secret code "DSWTE8RT" without the quotes for 15% off the $5.99 list price. I'll keep that code active for the next two weeks (until August 25th), as well.

Why should you buy it?

Excellent question!

Here's an excerpt from the Note From the Author section of Virgin Vaping:

Before I started vaping I was a smoker for over 20 years. I enjoyed it. As I said, I liked smoking. What I didn't like was getting sick. I got sick a lot. Sinus infections, colds, flu, pretty much any nasty bug that floated through the office or came home with the kids, I got it.

I started getting weak, too, and experiencing a lot of pain. I didn't eat right, I guzzled at least a two liter of soda a day, and felt miserable most of the time. Just to get through the day I was taking enough ibuprofen that liver damage was becoming a concern! 

I ended up in the doctor’s office one day and they immediately sent me to the hospital for a massive throat and chest infection. When I recovered, I resolved to fix myself. 

One of my co-workers (shout out to Danny!) was messing with a thing called an e-cigarette. Being a techno-geek I was intrigued. It was pretty cool. A little complicated with the atomizers and cartridges and bottles of liquid and such, but that just made it cooler. I put off getting one myself though because a) it had a steep upfront cost, and b) I liked smoking. 

Then one weekend afternoon in January as I huddled in the garage freezing my ass off and smoking a cigarette (no smoking in the house!), I started thinking about how ridiculous this whole smoking thing was. It was killing me. How was I going to quit, though? 

That same afternoon one of my little girls asked me, “When are you going to quit smoking so you don’t die, Daddy? You know, New Years is a good time for a revolution.” 

Indeed. 

A week later I ordered my first e-cigarette kit. I paid way too much and it took awhile to get the hang of it. I took the little mini PV with me to work tucked into my pack of cigarettes and “smoked” on it all day. 

I was fine. 

That evening as I left work a coworker asked me for a smoke on the way out the door. I handed over my last pack of smokes and told him to keep them. And that was that. 

Now I eat better. I exercise regularly. I don't guzzle soda anymore. I fixed a lot of things. The single biggest improvement, though, was switching to vaping. I don't get sick. I breath easier. More than anything else I changed, vaping made me better.

You can sample more with the "Peek Inside" feature on Amazon.

If you smoke then switching to electronic cigarettes is going to be better for you. Virgin Vaping is my attempt to bring more lost smoking souls into the fold. Oooh, "Lost Smoking Souls" is a great title for a novel. Excellent...

But I don't smoke, you say? Well... This book would also be good for anyone that just wants to know what e-cigarettes are all about. It's an introductory text that would be most useful for someone switching, but it's short and sweet, so it would do as an introduction to the activity for the non-smoker/non-vaper, as well.

The next book in the series is due shortly. It's called The Vape Right Vaping Guide and it goes into more detail about various options and tweaks for e-cigarette users to maximize their vaping pleasure. Perfect for the intermediate vaper that wants to up their vaping game. Following that will be a third book in the series called Vaping and You that will cover a lot of the health, political, and social aspects of electronic cigarette use and vaping culture. That one is going to be a blast.

I'll take a moment here to thank my beautiful woman for her support and understanding in this endeavor. I might, possibly not be the easiest writer to live with when I'm ass deep in the Chromebook. Love you, babe!

I do, of course, humbly thank you, dear reader, for your support, as well. I hope you'll give Virgin Vaping and the whole Vape Right series a try and enjoy! As always, comments and feedback are welcome.

-CDE

Your misguided thoughts, irreverent feedback, asinine commentary, and general inappropriate behavior are always welcome. Please comment below.


No comments:

Post a Comment